All children should be seen and heard.
TeamChild in Spokane County
The Spokane County office was the second TeamChild office to open its doors. TeamChild began serving youth in Spokane County in 1996, with support from Columbia Legal Services and the Washington Defender Association.
- TeamChild and Gonzaga School of Law will be providing another Juvenile Records Sealing training on October 3, 2015. The training is free and will cover updates to the law. For more information contact email@example.com.
- With support from, the Court Improvement Training Academy at University of Washington, TeamChild Spokane is organizing a Community of Practice for dependency counsel representing children and youth. The gatherings are intended to provide peer support and encourage ongoing improvement to attorneys in this area of practice. The first meeting is planned for late August.
- In July 2014, TeamChild Spokane received a contract to join the Spokane Public Defenders Office in representing legally free teens in their dependency cases, giving us the opportunity to have a profound impact on the lives of foster kids through holistic legal representation. We are thrilled to report that, one year later, we are entering a new contract with the Office of Civil Legal Aid to continue the work and expanding to include our Yakima Office.
- YouthREACH- TeamChild continues to collaborate with YFA Connections and Volunteers of America on YouthREACH, an outreach program targeting homeless teens in Spokane. TeamChild provides civil legal advocacy to help kids living on the streets overcome barriers to community based services, including education, housing, healthcare, and other public benefits.
- Living Dreams- Christina Rothe is a Spokane-based fiber artist who created and donated Living Dreams to TeamChild's 2015 Spokane Second Chances fundraiser. She is making limited edition prints available as an ongoing contribution to TeamChild. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Staff attorney Rosey Thurman was honored with a Hero Award at the 2015 Gonzaga Public Interest Law Project Auction in appreciation for her years of “outstanding service to Gonzaga law students and public interest legal services."
- Spokane Record Sealing Clinic- TeamChild continues to collaborate with Gonzaga School of Law to provide a juvenile record sealing clinic. Visit our juvenile record sealing page for future clinic dates, or fill out this form to sign up.
- In September 2014 Dan Ophardt, former Northwestern University School of Law Public Interest Fellow, accepted a position as a fulltime staff attorney. We are excited to have Dan here and thrilled about this opportunity to expand our reach as a two attorney office.
Katherine Fowler – Program Assistant
Daniel Ophardt – Staff Attorney
Rosey Thurman – Staff Attorney