All children have the potential to succeed.
TeamChild staff participate in coalitions, task forces, and workgroups in order to coordinate advocacy efforts and advance the rights of youth. TeamChild staff also consult and share their expertise with groups focusing on access to legal services, school discipline reform, and juvenile justice reform. Current and recent efforts include:
- Washington State Bar Association - Juvenile Law Section
- Tacoma Pierce County Coalition to End Homelessness
- Every Student Counts Alliance (Spokane)
- Washington State Minority and Justice Commission
- Access to Justice - Rules Committee
- Alliance for Equal Justice - Youth Law Task Force
- Washington State Partnership Council for Juvenile Justice - Reentry and Reconnecting Youth Committee
- Washington State Partnership Council on Juvenile Justice - Behavioral Health Committee
South King County Discipline Coalition
Founded in November 2015, the South King County Discipline Coalition is an open coalition of community members, organizations, and community groups who share the goal of ending the disproportionate discipline of South King County students of color, which feeds into the school-to-prison pipeline. As we advance our vision through anti-racist organizing and policy advocacy strategies, we are committed to being led by and accountable to communities most impacted by disproportionate discipline, and centering voices of parents and students in our decision-making. The coalition is staffed by TeamChild and OneAmerica and made possible by a grant from the Open Society Foundations.